NAMI Family to Family
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 12-session educational program for family, significant others and friends of people living with mental illness. Research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition.
What You’ll Gain
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
What People Are Saying
“Before I took the course, I felt alone and overwhelmed dealing with my daughter’s mental illness. By taking this course, I have met others who are going through the same things I am and have learned about many resources that I never knew existed.”
“I thought my wife and I knew just about everything there is to know about the system and the illness. Boy, were we wrong. Without a doubt, this is the best support course I have had the privilege of taking part in, bar none.”
Sign Up For A Class
We currently host 2 classes per year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. To enroll, or get more information about this class, please click on the link below. You can also reach us at: 505-395-6204.