NAMI Family to Family
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 12-session educational program for family, significant others and friends of people living with mental illness. Research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition.
What You’ll Gain
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
What People Are Saying
“Before I took the course, I felt alone and overwhelmed dealing with my daughter’s mental illness. By taking this course, I have met others who are going through the same things I am and have learned about many resources that I never knew existed.”
“I thought my wife and I knew just about everything there is to know about the system and the illness. Boy, were we wrong. Without a doubt, this is the best support course I have had the privilege of taking part in, bar none.”
Sign Up For A Class
We currently host 2 classes per year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Our next class is scheduled to begin Tuesday, March 6th and classes will be held every Tuesday at 5:30 PM. To enroll, or get more information about this class, please click on the link below. You can also reach us at: 505-395-6204.